occupational health & safety policy statement
Westair International Pty Ltd is committed to protecting the health and safety of all persons in the workplace including employees, contractors and other visitors. Westair International Pty Ltd demonstrates this commitment through its health and safety management system that is integrated with all organisational activities related to products, services and people.
Westair International Pty Ltd, employees, contractors and visitors have a duty of care, including the responsibility to work safely, to take all reasonable care for their own health and safety, and to consider the health and safety of other people who may be affected by their actions.
Westair International Pty Ltd will take all reasonable and practical steps to improve work safety conditions and will strive to uphold its core values of safety, knowledge, integrity and leadership in order to achieve its goal of zero harm.
aims & objectives
We will adopt procedures to:
- Provide and maintain healthy and safe workplaces, safe plant and systems of work
- Provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe work practices
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards
- Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors and customers as is necessary to ensure their continued health and safety
- Provide support and assistance to employees and involve them in consultation on safety issues.
We recognise that the overall responsibility to provide a safe workplace rests with management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy. These responsibilities include
- Ensuring that all OHS policies and procedures are implemented
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at the elimination of work-related injuries and illnesses
- Providing adequate resources to meet these OHS commitments
- Following all OHS policies and procedures
- Recognising hazards which may affect the health and safety of themselves, others, or the environment.
We are committed to encouraging consultation and co-operation between management and employees, and will formally involve elected employee health and safety representatives in any workplace change or any matters that may affect the health and safety of employees in any workplace.