As part of our commitment to achieving the principles of environmental sustainability in our workplace, we recognise our moral and legal responsibility to ensure that our activities, products and services are designed to enhance the environment in the communities in which we operate, and to ensuring that our operations do not place the local community or environment at risk of harm.
aims & objectives
To achieve this goal, we recognise that the quality of our products and services are determined by our customer’s needs and expectations. Our objectives are to:
- Reduce waste through innovative work practices and recycling practices
- Minimise environmental impacts by reduction of polluting substances produced
- Minimise the impact of our operations on the neighbouring community
- Increase the use of environmentally acceptable materials, equipment and technology in place of those which are considered harmful
- Ensure that our suppliers follow acceptable environmental policies
- Actively promote environmental awareness among staff, clients, customers and the general public
We recognise that the overall responsibility environmental sustainability rests with management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy. These responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all environmental policies and procedures are implemented
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at the elimination of waste, pollution and environmental harm
- Encouraging consultation and co-operation between management, employees and stakeholders in matters which may affect or impact on the environment
- Providing adequate resources to meet these environmental commitments
- Following all environmental policies and procedures
- Recognising and reporting hazards which may affect the health and well-being of the environment.